Closing costs for a buyer can include:
1. Attorney $375 - $700+
2. Title insurance depends on cost of home $400 min for $35,000. and
goes up from there. Here's a link to the actual cost of title insurance
in New York: http://alphaadv.net/nytitle/nyzone1.html
3. Inspections $300. to $600.+|
4. Bank fees can run 2% to 5%+ of the mortgage amount.
5. Survey if needed. $600. and up depends acreage. 100 acres could be
more than $2000.
6. Filing the deed. about $50. Also sometimes included in
"Closing costs" because you must pay for them at
7. Hazard insurance. $350. - $600.+
8. Prorata Property taxes for the balance of the tax year and payment
to the seller for fuel or other personal property on the premises. . Tax
amount depends on the property and the time of year.
Except for #8 these are actually optional, if you were not borrowing
money to purchase the property. But skipping some of them would be